Saturday, June 24, 2006

The other side of the world

I recently had the privilege of traveling to India for business and it was a fantastic experience, ... other than the travel!



Getting there took 36 hours of travel time and getting home took 27. Everything in between went very well. And to be honest, the Changi Airport in Singapore really is a nice place to have a layover with lots of shops and free internet available. I was able to get a little work done and using Skype, make a few calls home during my layovers.



On the trip, I had the opportunity to meet with other folks from Sun as well as a number of partners to talk about integration, SOA, composite applications, and the Sun Java Composite Application Platform Suite.



I also had the opportunity to participate in a 3 city event on "How IT fosters Enterprise Agility" put on by the Jasubhai Group where I spoke on how identity management and SOA are key components of an agile enterprise, and how Sun provides products for this with Java CAPS and the Sun Java Identity Management Suite.



Thanks to my hosts that knew just the right places to go, I also had the chance to experience the myriad different cuisines in India.



All in all, a great trip. If only it wasn't so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment